Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dreams and Painting

Last night I had a horrible, terrible dream. I dreamt that Jason and I went to the doctor for our routine monthly visit and the doctor discovered that we had lost the baby. I was horribly panicked, stressed, and it woke me up. I laid in bed for more than 30 minutes just waiting to feel him move around. I felt him basically right away, but still laid there to make sure I felt him and not just a muscle spasm or something like that. It was a devastating feeling right after I woke up, it was horrible. It made me realize how much I love my son already, and how much I want to care for him and prevent anything bad from happening to him. It was a very scary dream and I hope it doesn't happen again.

On a happier note, Jason felt the baby move for the first time yesterday! It was so funny because I asked him, "So, what did you think?" He said, "It was weird." Ugh, boys. They have no sense of sentimentality. I hope he gets more excited about it as time goes on and as the kicks get stronger. He is actually doing really well with being supportive, loving, caring, and at least pretending to be excited. He is starting to try to figure out how we are going to make everything work once the baby gets here, but I guess I will leave that to him for now, at least until it gets a little closer.

And finally, we are painting the nursery either today or tomorrow, yippee! We (meaning I, because Jason trusts me with this decision apparently) picked chocolate brown, teal, and green. It would have been pink if it was a girl, but since he is a boy he gets green instead. Hopefully I will be able to take pictures when we are finished. We don't have any furniture except for a rocking chair, so it will be a while before we get everything together and finished, but hopefully Spring Break will be our deadline. Let's see if I can convince Jason of that :-)

Hope everyone has a blessed day and a fantastic New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment