Saturday, December 18, 2010

1/2 way there

I can't believe tomorrow marks the half-way point of growing this baby. I feel like a blimp, and things are stretching, pulling, and twinging all the time. The good part, however, is I can feel baby moving all day long, and I finally have my energy back! I'm still tired all the time from teaching and whatnot, but the pregnancy fatigue is waning. Jason has yet to feel the baby moving, but I'm really looking forward to when he can feel it! We have our gender determination ultrasound on Wednesday and I can hardly stand waiting. We keep calling it a "he", but sometimes "she" slips out, and Jordan decided that while it is a boy, it is a "she" when he talks about it. So there is no real feeling either way, so it is going to be a surprise no matter what! I just hope the midwife doesn't say I've gained too much weight, because I feel like I am really packing on the pounds!

In other news, we have a completed remodel! Our livingroom and all the bedrooms got carpet yesterday and it is so wonderful to get to walk around comfortably in our house without shoes on. And having carpet means we got to put up our Christmas tree! Neither Jason nor I feel like it is Christmas season yet because we didn't have any decorations in our house until today, but hopefully now we can get into the spirit. We have been listening to Christmas music for the past few weeks, so hopefully that will help. It's super nice getting to sit by our fireplace and enjoy our Christmas tree now.

Jason is going to take this week off from work so we will both have two full weeks to hang out. We are going Christmas shopping tomorrow and Monday. We are making tamales and posole with his family on Thursday. Friday is luminaria day. What an awesome time of year it is!

Ok, I think that is all from my end. Hopefully I will get some pictures up of the bump and of the livingroom remodel here soon. We will see how productive I can be this week that I have off :-) Have a blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment