Monday, December 27, 2010

shopping

I finally broke down and got some maternity tops. I went to the store Motherhood Maternity and I love it!! They have some really cute clothes and they actually fit me and my growing belly. It isn't like buying things that are just extra large to make room for baby, but I can buy my normal medium size and it fits much better everywhere else, and there just happens to be room for the baby also. It is definitely a good thing. I also found some impulse-buy shoes at Kohl's, but I always find things there. I found some boots I really wanted but I wasn't convinced they were worth the price. Now I'm kinda regretting that decision, but what's done is done, right?

Tomorrow I will be playing golf for the first time since starting to grow a child. I think it might be pretty funny to see a pregnant lady out on the golf course, but hopefully I will get in some good exercise without looking too ridiculous. And it will probably be cold tomorrow so I can wear some big jackets and I won't look as obviously pregnant. We shall see how it goes, but I'm not too optimistic about my score at the end. Partly because of my belly, partly because my balance is not as good as it once was, and mostly because I haven't played in several months.

On a sadder note- I found out about a family who lost their mother last night to a bad car accident. There are three small children, one who was just delivered prematurely yesterday when she reached the hospital after the accident, and a husband who is now missing the mother of his children. I did not know this family personally, but it breaks my heart to know what they are going through. Please send prayers their way and ask for the Lord to comfort them. They are believers, and they will all be reunited in heaven one day, but it does not make the situation feel much better at the moment. I just pray they can find peace in the Lord and still trust that He is in control and He is who He says He is.

1 comment:

  1. There is a also a great Used Maternity and baby/child clothing store in the parking lot of the shopping center where Old Navy is. It is called Mommy and Me I think. They have good clothes, great prices there!

    ReplyDelete