Thursday, June 23, 2011

Outings! Routine!!

Today was Levi's first outing to a restaurant with my family. He went to a restaurant yesterday for lunch, but it was informal and quick. Today, though, we went for lunch as a family and he did GREAT!! He was wide awake the whole time, hung out with my mom for a while, me for a while, and my dad for a while with no complaints at all. It was awesome!

Also, he seems to be getting into more of a routine during the day. He gets up at 6am (no matter what, and it can be frustrating when I just want to sleep, but at least he is predictable!). He eats, we play for a few minutes, he sleeps for 30-60 minutes, eats again or plays for a while, then takes his morning nap from 2-3 hours long (during which time Grammie comes over while I go to Zumba and shower). Then he wakes up to play, eats, plays some more, and eats a little more, then sleeps for 2-3 more hours in the early afternoon. Recently he has been staying awake after than until about bedtime, sometimes 4 hours! Then we start the bedtime routine at about 8:30. That means eating, bath, lotion, more eating (hopefully) then he is out for the count. He will sleep anywhere from 3-5 hours the first stretch, then gets up every 3 hours after that. It seems pretty loosey-goosey, but it feels like more of a routine than I originally thought. I love the predictability :-)

Anywho, there is the latest update. I hope things continue to go as smoothly as they are right now. I think I am getting this down finally (and I know that means things will change now, lol). I love being a mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are doing an amazing job! I love looking at his precious pictures! My favorites are the ones where his little legs are folded under him~

    ReplyDelete