Saturday, June 4, 2011

Levi's "procedure" (and some pictures)

This week we took Levi to get circumcised. It started out a little rough because he was hungry when we got there, so he was very unhappy. The Dr. didn't let us (my mother in law went with me) go in the room with him while they did it, but we could hear him crying from the waiting room where we were. I knew he was in good hands so it wasn't so bad. Then, when we got back in the room the doctor said he did well then he let me feed him.

When we got home, he was sleeping. After a couple of hours I tried to change his diaper and it was soaked in blood. Blood was dripping all over the changing table and it took me several minutes to get another diaper back on him. I called the doctor back and they said to bring him in again. Fortunately, it didn't seem like he was in any pain. When we got to the doctor's office they called us right back and got to work on him. Apparently something happened to him that had a 5% chance of happening (lucky us) but the doctor just fixed him right up. The hardest part was holding Levi's hands while he was laying on the bed while the doctor was stopping the bleeding. He was SCREAMING because he was so uncomfortable without a diaper on, someone messing with him, and being on his back while nobody is picking him up. It was so hard and yes, I did cry a little.

I'm so grateful that the doctor got the bleeding stopped and he has been doing well ever since. It was pretty traumatic for me, but everything is good now. He is healing well and definitely not in pain. Being a mom definitely comes with more difficulties than just sleep deprivation. My heart breaks when he cries and I can't figure out what is wrong. Even when I know he is safe, not hungry, etc., it is still hard to hear him crying uncontrollably. I guess I am going to have to toughen up a little, huh! He is adorable and right now is sitting with his dad on the couch, just sleeping.

Life is so different now than it was before, and everything is twice as hard. For example: showering and doing my hair is basically impossible when I am here by myself. Eating can be a challenge sometimes, too. I have spent a ton of time on the couch watching tv recently and I'm really ready to get back to my active life. This past week I spent 3 days at school packing up my classroom and finishing all of the end-of-year paperwork. Levi came with me and was really great for the most part. It was still hard getting everything done, though. Thankfully my mom and mother in law came and helped me out. I don't know what I would do without them!

Now I get to enjoy my summer and just hang out with Levi without worrying about school stuff. Oh how different this summer will be...





No comments:

Post a Comment