Sunday, June 19, 2011

Growing boy!

I know, I know, it's been a while since I have updated. Thankfully, nothing much new has happened to catch you up on. Levi still sleeps about the same amount of time at night (4-5 hours at first, then 3 hours after that, up at 6am regardless of what time he ate last). We have started to figure out a nap pattern, which includes him napping for a good long stretch right after lunch-ish. He is sleeping right now, as a matter of fact. He LOVES sleeping on his tummy, but we only let him do that if we can watch him like a hawk. It will be a while before we are OK with it when he is on his own. We are starting to toy around with the idea of him sleeping in his own room, but I'm not quite ready for that yet, even though I'm sure I would get better sleep. He grunts, moans, and groans a lot, but doesn't always wake himself up, but it certainly wakes me up!

He is gaining weight like crazy. In fact, he is gaining about double the average. Doctors like to see 1oz a day of gain, but my chunker gains 2 oz a day. He is almost 12 lbs already! It is easy to see how much he is changing already. He is getting great head-control, can track objects with his eyes, and has been smiling regularly. It is pretty much the most precious thing ever.

I am going to get back into Zumba and working out in general this week. Before that happens he has to be good at taking a bottle, though, and we are still working on it. For whatever reason he won't take a bottle. I expected to have him not take one from me, but he won't take one from Jason either. My sister has been successful, although she said she doesn't have a secret or a trick. It is frustrating because we end up wasting so much milk when we try and he just doesn't take it at all. I know he will get it eventually, but at the moment we are unsuccessful.

I think that is all from us for now. Hope all of the daddies and daddies-to-be had a great Father's Day! Take care and God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment