Saturday, May 28, 2011

Pedicures, Patios, and Sleeping Babies

Yesterday my fantastic, wonderful, kind mother-in-law came over to watch Levi while I went and got a pedicure. My feet were desperate since I hadn't done anything to them since a week before Levi was born. It was so nice to know that he was safe and happy while I was out enjoying myself for a few minutes. I love being a mom, and I love my little boy more than I thought possible, but sometimes it is really nice having a little time for me.

Jason has had an interesting work schedule this week. He had a job interview on Thursday morning, joined us at Levi's doctor's appointment in the afternoon, and took Friday off. He and his dad have been working on making a back patio for us at our house. Right now they are out picking up the flagstone in town. It is going to be so nice to have a larger patio where we can entertain and hang out in the backyard. We have a porch right now, but it is pretty small and barely holds the table we have out there. We are going to have a Memorial Day get-together to break it in, so hopefully they get it finished! Shouldn't be too hard since they made so much progress yesterday.

In baby news, Levi slept for 5 straight hours last night! I thought I was dreaming when I looked at the clock at 3am (having gone to be at 10pm). He ate like a ravenous child then promptly went back to sleep. Ok, maybe not promptly, but once he was asleep he didn't wake up again until 6am. It was a great night and I feel much more rested than I have in a while. Should be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment