Sunday, May 22, 2011

Settling In

As Levi sleeps I figure I should take this opportunity to write a short update. We are still doing well. He slept for 4 hours straight last night and Jason and I felt so refreshed when we woke up this morning after that! There is a huge difference between segmented sleep and straight sleep, just fyi. Levi only really got up once last night, then once early this morning, so that made a huge difference. And on top of that Jason got up with him at 7am so I could get a little more sleep. I feel like I have so much energy today! Too bad I can't get much done because the baby is sleeping and I don't want to wake him up. Hopefully I can get something done because our house is a mess.

Yesterday Jason went fishing with a friend, my dad, and my brothers. My fabulous mother-in-law came over in the morning so I could get some school work done. I have report cards to do and math tests to grade, so having her there to keep Levi occupied when he wasn't eating was a huge help. I even got to eat breakfast at a reasonable hour because she was there with us. She stayed until lunch time. I then got a shower while Levi was sleeping (not easy to do because he normally screams his little head off while I am in the shower, and sure enough, when I got out he was crying. It breaks my heart! I know it is OK for them to cry, and I knew he wasn't hurt or anything, but it is still hard to listen to.). My mom came over around 3pm so I could finish up my report cards, which I did. It was so nice to get those done! I have to bring them back to school on Wednesday completed, and I'm so glad they are done before Tuesday evening.

This week should be pretty laid back. Wednesday I am headed to school for a staff luncheon to say "goodbye" to the teachers that are leaving. I am not looking forward to seeing any of them go and they are ALL going to be missed. Thursday Levi has his 2 week checkup, although he will be 3.5 weeks old (his doctor is out of town). I know he is gaining weight, though, because I weighed him last Wednesday and he weighs 8lbs+. Yay for a growing boy! Jason is going to take off Thursday and Friday of this week, and he has next Monday off, too, so we get to have daddy home for several days. It is going to be so nice! I feel bad for always calling my mother-in-law to come over when I have to get something done, even though I know she really enjoys it, so having Jason home will help me be a lot more productive (hopefully).

OK, I think that is all for now. Here is a picture of our little man that I took last week. He keeps changing! I'm so excited to see what he is going to look like as he grows up, and to see what kind of a man he turns into. Mommy-hood is incredibly difficult, but so rewarding. I love my new role :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment