Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two weeks old

Levi is two weeks old today. I can't believe I have been a mother for two weeks! It still amazes me that God has entrusted this little life into Jason's and my hands. He must know something I don't (duh) because I am completely ill-equiped without His help.

We are making good progress with getting into a routine. Levi will sleep for 2+ hours in his bassinet at night. During the day he either sleeps in his swing or his bouncer. He is doing great with breastfeeding and I'm looking forward to pumping so Jason can help with some of the feedings. It will probably be at least another week or so before I start pumping for real because I want to make sure I have a really good milk supply before I begin. I am going to talk to a lactation consultant about it tomorrow, so hopefully I can get a plan together. Jason took him outside for a while this evening when he got home to water some trees and our garden and he seemed to really enjoy it. That could be a secret weapon that we use on him when he is super fussy because going outside really seems to calm him down.

I feel like I am holding my breath for that horrible day where he is inconsolable and cries all day/night for no obvious reason. We have been so blessed thus far with how he has been, and no matter what I will do what it takes to make sure he is happy and comfortable, but I'm just dreading that first time. I'm praying for the strength to get through it when it inevitably happens.

Tomorrow should be very interesting. It will be the first time I am going to try to get ready to go to town without any help here. Every time someone comes while I shower and get ready he just sleeps the whole time, so I am hoping that is how it goes tomorrow. I actually have to "be someone" tomorrow as I have a doctor's appointment, mommy support group, lunch with a friend, then I'm going to school to pick some things up and pay a visit to show off Levi to some of the people I work with. I hope I can handle all the time away from home, and I better make sure I have everything in order first thing in the morning so I make it to my appointment on time. Say a prayer for me if you think about it because I am going to need all the help I can get tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment