Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Uneventful doctor's visit

Which I guess is a really good thing, right? We didn't have to wait an hour like last time, which was awesome, and the appointment pretty much consisted of getting weighed (+7 lbs so far), the midwife answering questions, then hearing the heartbeat again. It is the coolest little sound. And next time we go it will be for an ultrasound! I haven't had one yet, which I thought was kinda uncommon, but apparently that is the norm, and those who get ultrasounds more often are the exceptions. I am so glad that everything is going well for me, though. The only problem I am having is sciatic nerve pain like crazy. It is the worst when I walk around for a while, sit down, then stand back up. I feel like I am going to crumple from the pain. Not cool. Other than that I'm doing well. I'm still tired all the time but I think I have to attribute that to being a first year teacher and not so much the pregnancy anymore. I have a 5 day weekend right now, so hopefully I can fill up my energy stores and be able to make it through the next three weeks (until Christmas break) with gusto. We'll see.

Before you ask, yes, at the ultrasound we are going to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. I am too much of a planner not to know. I thought it would be fun to have the surprise at the birth, but then I realized how much I dislike the color yellow, and everything I would buy would be yellow or green, and I'm not a fan. So this way I can be prepared, have the nursery ready, and I think I will finally get Jason to start thinking about names. We think we have a nursery theme picked out (the colors at least) so that was a big step for him. He doesn't want to talk about these things yet, I think because it isn't quite real to him. Although, he has started talking to my belly periodically.

In house news: They have knocked down our existing livingroom wall and opened up the space into the addition. It looks SO DIFFERENT!! I couldn't believe it when I came home on Friday and saw it because it totally changes the way our house feels. The stucco is done on the outside, although by "done" I mean it is just the gray scratch coat because we aren't going to stucco the whole house quite yet. We have to replace the windows first and that isn't going to happen for a while. Constant work in progress I guess. The fireplace is installed and they should be working on the stone and all that around it here pretty soon. They only have a week from today to be finished, so they better get on it! When they are done we are going to put carpet in the livingroom (our easiest, cheapest solution since the hardwood we like is really expensive) and stain the existing parkay floors (hideous, but we can't afford to take it all out to change it yet) to match our kitchen floors. We are kinda just hoping it works well because we don't really have a backup plan at the moment. We shall see! The roof is finished thanks to Jason, my dad, and Jason's parents. The wood for our front and back porch beams and posts is being stained as we speak and there is also a drywall guy here finishing up mudding the drywall so it can be sanded and then textured (which I think is happening today if I remember correctly).

I think that is all from me for right now. This turned into a much longer post than I had anticipated. My grandparents are here from Texas to stay with us for a week, so we are really enjoying that. I will be sad to see them go whenever they have to leave. I'm really looking forward to all the Thanksgiving activities, but yesterday my midwife told me to stay away from sweets. That is a HUGE bummer because holiday sweets are my FAVORITE sweets. I guess I will just have to pace myself. I hope everyone has a fantastic, blessed Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment