Saturday, July 6, 2013

Update on the fluid level and hospital pick

I had a quick ultrasound on Wednesday of last week that was very reassuring. Alexis underwent some large and small movement tests and passed them all with flying colors. She even surprised the ultrasound technician with how well she was practice-breathing, which is a skill she is going to need to be proficient at when she is born. The technician also checked the fluid level around her heart and said it had lowered since the last ultrasound. She wouldn't comment too much about it because she's not a doctor, but she said it looked just fine to her. We also discovered that this little girl is a contortionist because we got a picture with her feet up by her face. No wonder I've been feeling such weird movements! She was also sitting directly on my bladder, which also explained a lot. She has moved quite a bit since then, so she is keeping me on my toes. We are pretty confident we have decided on a hospital. We are thinking the one in Denver is going to meet our needs the best. Not only are they a fantastic hospital for HLHS, but they are the closest to family and there is a labor and delivery unit in the children's hospital, which is pretty rare. That means I will get to recover in the same hospital she is in, which normally would not happen. That was a big plus to me. The only negative with that is I will have to be induced, which is not exactly my preference, but I will do whatever it takes to be as close to her as possible. Now on to preparations for relocating in a few weeks. We aren't sure what exactly that is going to entail, but hopefully once we are in touch with the hospital there they will tell us what all we will need to do. Those are the updates for now. Thanks again for the continued prayers and support. We know the prayers a working because she is doing so well and the fluid level around her heart has gone down. I have already run into complete strangers who are praying for us and it is so encouraging how the prayer warriors rally around each other in times of need. We serve a mighty God and I can't wait to see how He continues to use Alexis to show His plan and His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment