Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's coming together and a quick update on Levi

As many of you know, I will be headed to Denver in about a week and a half to check out the Children's Hospital out there. I'm looking forward to it because I finally got the schedule from the coordinator out there who has been setting up the tours and appointments for me. It looks like I will have a fetal echo (heart scan), meet the surgeon face-to-face and chat with him for a while, then have an appointment with a high risk OB to talk about the plan for induction/delivery. I'm very thankful that I will get to meet all of these people and have a much better idea of what will happen in August/September when all of these things actually take place. It is going to be very strange knowing Alexis's birthday though, and possibly having a say in when it is going to be. We also have to decide how to make a plan for Jason joining me in Denver. We haven't decided if he is going to come up when I have to be there (at 37 weeks), or if he will stay here and keep working for another couple of weeks until there is actually something going on. I will take Levi with me regardless, which means we will need another person there, like a grandparent or an aunt or someone, who can watch him while I have appointments and on the off chance I go into labor before the induction. Quick update on Levi: My little boy is growing up so fast! He is showing more and more personality every day and we are absolutely positive he is going to be the class clown once he gets into school. He loves performing to the crowd (once he gets warmed up) and he is very funny. He recently discovered that he loves playing in the water, be it the shower, bath, swimming pool, or sprinklers. He has also recently developed an interest in watching cartoons. It is nice to be able to sit him in front of the TV for a few minutes so I can make breakfast or get him to come inside when I need to take a short break, but his attention span is still not long enough to make it through a whole show. To be honest, I'm totally fine with that because I don't want him to watch as much TV as I did growing up. Both of my parents worked so I was very into the TV while they were at work. Hopefully, with me being home, I can keep him very busy! He is the least picky toddler I have ever met, which I am also very thankful for. He will try EVERY food put in front of him, and even if he doesn't like something he won't throw a fit, he will just leave that little ingredient on his plate (The other night it was celery in the stew. He ate around it and was left with a little bowl full of celery haha). He is always talking about "baby sister Lexi" and is starting to make some connections that the things in our house aren't all his anymore. It will be interesting when we make the transition into his big boy room, whenever we get our act together to get him in there. Hopefully that transition is relatively smooth. He is going to be a great big brother and I am excited to see how he and Alexis interact!

No comments:

Post a Comment