Friday, March 22, 2013

Potty Training

So, we have taken the GIANT leap into potty training. Here's how that happened... A colleague of mine has a little boy exactly 1 week younger than Levi. She said she was going to attempt the 3-day potty training method based on a book her friend had emailed her. I asked to see the book and really liked what it said. Until I tried it. Holy guacamole it was difficult! The woman claims that 22 months old is the perfect age for potty training because they are old enough to communicate need but not old enough to have developed any bad habits. So, we went for it over spring break. I gave myself 5 days because I was skeptical. Yeah, it didn't work. Then, on top of it, we are still going to try to potty train him but daycare doesn't seem to be taking it very seriously. The first day I picked him up he was in a pull-up. The second day he was in a diaper! How am I supposed to instill that he needs to tell us when he has to go if he is wearing a diaper that soaks up everything that might indicate to him that he has to go?!?! So, Jason had a serious talk with daycare today about how we really want to see how he does at daycare for a few days to decide whether he is truly not ready or if he just needs a ton of consistency. We will see how it went when I pick him up today!! He is hilarious because he definitely prefers standing to sitting (such a boy!) and he does NOT want to stop playing to do something silly like go to the bathroom. Sigh. In other news, we have purchased a 5th wheel camper! We got a truck a few months ago in the hopes that we would eventually be able to get a camper. I told Jason that I didn't forsee going to the lake with a toddler while sleeping in a tent. It just wasn't going to happen. So, we scoured Craigslist and found one we just couldn't pass up. It should be delivered to our house tomorrow if all goes according to plan! Yay! Ok, that is most of the news for now. I will write another post here shortly with some more exciting news, but I didn't want to cram everything into one post. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment