Monday, January 14, 2013

Back on the saddle

So, it's been quite a while now since I have done this. I got out of the habit because school consumed my life for a while. But, hopefully I can get back at it because it is semi-therapeutic to write thoughts down. So, here goes: Work is stressful. Nobody tells you about this part of being a teacher when you are in college. Many parents expect you to "fix" their child's behavior while you are with him/her during the 6.5 hours they are at school, regardless of what their lives are like the other 17.5 hours of the day. The world revolves around you when you are in second grade, too, by the way, especially when you are an only child. 12 of my 19 students are only children, or have siblings so much older or so much younger that they might as well be only children. Talk about an interesting dynamic! I'm not sure that I could do this for much longer if I didn't know that the end was coming. Starting in May, I will be taking some time off from working as a teacher to stay home with Levi and just be mommy for a while. I simply cannot believe that my child is 20 months old. He amazes me. He can count to 10 and sings many songs. His vocabulary is astounding and he learns new words every day. He is bossy, funny, and loving. I enjoy every day I get to spend with him, although he can sometimes be clingy, grumpy, and fussy. Most days, only mom will do. I love those days and loathe those days. He is the light of my life, but it is exhausting not being able to get anything done. I guess I should get used to it, though, since I'll be a full-time mom starting in May! My Premier Jewelry business is going so well that I am going to get to take some time off of teaching to just be mom for a while, at least a few months. Thankfully I have an amazing family who all are supportive of this decision and know that we will make it work. (Plus, my mom is my best customer and she would be heart-broken if I didn't sell Premier anymore!) I love getting to build relationships and serve women, eat goodies and play in jewelry, and make a full-time income just working part-time hours! Thank you, God, for bringing Premier into my life! Not only for the income, but for the awesome friends I have made through it and will continue to make. So I know that wasn't anything super exciting or mind-blowing, but I am trying to ease my way back into this. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment