Saturday, September 15, 2012

Long over-due update

So, I know it has been way too long since I have updated. Hopefully I can remember everything that has happened... The end of our summer was uneventful. Jason and I went to Dallas in the middle of July for the Premier national rally. It was a weekend away for just the two of us, although there was no time to do any sight-seeing because of the jam-packed schedule the Rally had. We went to a super fancy dinner, called the Red Dress Gala, and had a blast! We got to get all dressed up and go to the fanciest party I have ever seen, much less been to. There was a live band and tons of dancing. So much fun!
After we got back there were 2 weeks before I had to go back to work to get my classroom ready. Levi and I hung out while Jason was at work, and we went to the mountains a couple of times. School started in mid-August and I've had a pretty rough start. All of my students seem really young, except for a handfull, and I'm having a hard time getting them to conform to the class expectations and the school rules. As hard as it is for me to admit, I don't enjoy teaching this year at all. I'm actually counting down the days until May for when I know I will be able to take a year off. Because my Premier business is going so well I will be able to replace my income for that year, then reevaluate what is going on in our lives and make a plan for whether or not I can permanently resign my teaching position or if I will have to go back. This year is going to be busy to make sure that I can keep the Premier business going while I still teach. It's not easy but Jason is on board and we will make it work! Levi started walking the Friday before school started. It is so cute but he is definitely not my baby anymore. He is also talking up a storm. His most recent development is telling us what comes next when we sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and "empty" when he dumps out a cup in the bath. He seems so smart (said every parent ever) and we truly enjoy watching him grow and develop. He loves being outside more than anywhere else in the world and often has fits if we don't take him outside the moment he wants to go. He has 10 teeth now, including 2 top molars, and is currently sick with a cold. He is a pretty good sleeper, although we are still working on getting rid of that morning nap. He still uses a pacifier but we are starting the transition to some other kind of "lovey" to replace it. He now sleeps with two stuffed animals and we are hoping that he attaches to one so when we take the paci away it isn't so traumatic for him. We shall see! Jordan, my nephew, started kindergarten in August and LOVES it. He is such a big boy and I can't believe he is already in school. He is such a smart boy and it's fun watching him in this new stage of his life. He is excited about having a new little sister although he admitted he really wanted a brother because he already has a sister, lol. Shelby doesn't quite understand that a new baby is coming, but she is growing and learning like crazy! She says Spanish words like "pinata" and "abuela" like a native speaker and it is so fun to hear her in her super squeaky voice. She has the curliest hair I have ever seen and she is Levi's favorite person in this whole world. It is going to be very interesting to see how they grow up together.
Lauren and Will's Wedding Ok, I think those are the major updates for now. My sister is due with baby Aubern Josephine Bassett on October 14, although she seems pretty sure she will be induced at least a little bit early. Praying for a healthy and easy delivery for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment