Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Break and Jewelry Update

I love teaching for many reasons, and one of those reasons is definitely Christmas break! I get to spend two and a half weeks with my sweet baby boy and other family, relaxing, enjoying time together, and EATING!! I am only two days into my break and have done so much already, including finishing up my Christmas shopping, meeting several friends and possibly new jewelers for lunch, and playing in a poker "tournament" with my Arizona family who is in town visiting. I even won one of the prizes! A $25 gift card to Best Buy, to be exact. So much fun. And Levi has gotten to spend so much quality time with his Gigi (Great-grandma). How blessed he is to have so much family that loves and cares for him. I knew three of my great-grandparents and I treasure the memories I have of them. Levi has met all of his living great-grandparents... all 6 of them! So incredible. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this break and all of the quality time that is going to come with it.

As for the jewelry update:
I had my training show and two other home shows and I am REALLY enjoying it! It is so awesome to see how happy the hostesses are when they get to pick out their free jewelry at the end of their show. And I am already making money! After one more show I will have my total initial investment paid off! So even if I decide I don't want to do this any more I will have lost NOTHING and have gained a TON of jewelry! I think I am going to keep doing it though.

In fact, I just opened a bank account just for me because of this jewelry stuff. It is so weird having money that is "mine." Jason and I have always had a joint account for everything, so now that I have my own it is a strange feeling knowing I can do whatever I want with it. I would love to be able to save up to do something nice and a big surprise for Jason, but I haven't figured out what to do yet. I also want to contribute to a fund for Levi for college or whatever, but I haven't completely figured out the logistics yet. Hopefully I can get it all figured out and get a good system for saving and playing and business stuff so that it isn't too difficult to sort out later. And I hope I can keep my priorities straight as I jump into this new adventure: God, family, everything else...

No comments:

Post a Comment