Wednesday, April 21, 2010

so much change

Yeah, this is going to be a long one. I have had so much stuff happen in the last couple of weeks and I have not been very good about keeping this updated. Last week was state testing, and that is all we did. My students did great and it was really nice getting to work with students that I work with daily. It was also awesome seeing how hard they were trying and that they got the answers right that they did. I'm glad it is over though, but now I have to give more tests next week and I am really not looking forward to it. I have a training that I am going to for the next couple of days. It is really boring, honestly, and I am not enjoying it at all. But, supposedly it will make me more marketable in the future, so I am doing it.

Another interesting that I am doing is homebound teaching. There is a young student who is not able to attend school for medical reasons and I am working with him a couple of hours a week. Today was so enjoyable, it was so much fun. Is it possible to get paid to play with kids? I'm pretty sure I have the best job in the world. I'm so glad God placed teaching on my heart because I know He made me to do this.

Speaking of which, I found out today that I don't have a job next year at the school I am at right now. I knew it was a possibility, so it wasn't all that shocking, but now I don't have to worry. Our principal mentioned that there have to be 3-4 cuts at our school, and since I am short-term, I am the first to go. People keep telling me about how much can change over the summer, and I am trying to keep that in mind. Like I said, I am not terribly worried because I know God has a plan for all this. I just have to keep my ears and my heart open to what He tells me. I would appreciate all the prayers you could manage. Thank you in advance!

On a happier (maybe) note, my nephew turned 3 years old yesterday!! I simply can't believe that he is already three. He is amazing, smart, funny, and adorable, and I love every moment I get to spend with him. We are going to his birthday party on Saturday with a bunch of family so that is going to be fun. We got him an adorable present that I hope he loves.

My brothers are doing well. I take David to school in the mornings. He is taking a special ed biology class and a regular ed photography class at the high school right next to my school. He really enjoys going to school, mostly because it gives him a break from my parents and his brother I think. He likes it, though, and that is what matters. He has also started seeing a psychologist. It is too soon to tell if it is doing any good, but hopefully it is making a difference for him and will help him sort through some things. Nothing much is new with Sam, other than he has been diagnosed as mentally retarded. This shocked me because he is so socially capable. My mom said, "yeah, but you have never been in the same school room as him." Which is a completely true statement. I'm still not sure it is an accurate diagnosis, but I guess it makes sense to my mom. Anyway, he isn't going to school in the mornings yet, just twice a week in the afternoons. I guess that is the update for the boys!

Ok, enough for one post. Take care and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment