Sunday, March 14, 2010

Finally, a relaxing weekend

This weekend was so great! Yesterday, Jason and his dad worked all day on a tractor in the back yard. We had these burms that went all the way around a part of our yard where the old owners had a small fence. It was really annoying because no part of the yard was flat. So, they rented a tractor and just solved the problem. They even tilled the whole back yard, so we can start working on planting grass and other foliage. It would be nice to have grass in the yard so we could keep Abby here and not have to take her to Jason's parents' house every day, but we know they take good care of her so it isn't too much of a sacrifice. Jordan even came over for part of the day and rode around with Uncle Jason on the tractor. He pretty much thought it was the coolest thing EVER. He wouldn't ride with Jason's dad, and he would want someone to hold him at all times if he was not on the tractor, but it was so cute. He was super impressed with how "loud and fast" the tractor was.

After the fun with the tractor we decided we would go to church because the time change would make it hard to get up this morning. It was such a good service, talking about how to start conversation with people about Christ. I learned a lot. My sister even came with us, which was fun, and she brought the babies. I love it when she comes to church with us.

Then, we were able to sleep in this morning. We slowly got up and got moving and then went to ABQ to get a new comforter and sheet set. I have wanted one since we got married and I finally saw one in an ad and convinced Jason we should go work, so he agreed! He is pretty picky about these things, more picky than any guy I know for that matter, but he liked this one enough that he finally gave in. It is beautiful and as soon as I get our room cleaned up I can finally take some pictures of the room completely finished. I haven't done it yet because we still had our old comforter on it and it is such a guys comforter. But no more! So, pictures to come, probably some time this week. After that we went to lunch then came home and just relaxed this afternoon.

After dinner I went over to my sister's house to watch the kids while she finished up some homework for tomorrow. She got in a minor accident this afternoon (not her fault) and she said it really threw off her schedule. I got to spend time with the kiddos, though, and they were wonderful for me. Jordan didn't get much of a nap, so he was quite the pistol, but he was good for the most part, especially during his bath. Shelby didn't conplain once. She even went right to sleep after her bath and bottle. I hope my sister understands how awesome her kids are. They are always so wonderful and are rarely in a bad mood. Jordan is almost 3, so he has his moments, but as long as you are playing with him he is completely fine! I can only hope my kids are as awesome and easy as that. But Lauren got 2 of them, so my luck I will probably get 2 difficult babies. Not that that is anywhere in the future, but hopefully relatively soon.

Speaking of... Jason and I are still thinking we will start trying for a family this summer. I am trying really hard not to get my hopes up because I know that could change at the drop of a hat, but for right now that is the plan. I still don't have a doctor here or anything, and I should probably get on that, but I can't seem to want to make that kind of effort right now. There are so many things we need to do before we actually have the child, but we are both realizing that even when we start trying we will still have at least 9 months before we will have to have any of that done (like getting a baby-friendly car/SUV, buying some kind of camper- because I am not tent caming with an infant, and figuring out the list of priorities on our house-remodel). Things are still kind of up in the air, but I am trying to keep an open mind about it and let God take the lead. It is still hard for me, but I am really trying.

Thankfully, this week is spring break and I have a couple of fun things planned. I am going to lunch tomorrow with one of my friends from high school. Then on Wednesday I am getting a massage! My wonderful in-laws gave me "any treatment I want" from the spa down here for spring break. They said, "We have to take care of the teacher in the family!" And for that I love them. They are so generous and wonderful. I am looking forward to spending a relaxing afternoon at the spa and just getting pampered for an hour and a half. I may splurge a little and get myself a pedicure, but I haven't decided about that yet. This week is going to be wonderful but I already know it is going to go by too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment