Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Giving thanks!

Our Thanksgiving break was fantastic! Jason took off of work Wednesday and we headed out bright and early on our 500 mile adventure. Us, my mom, my sister, the two babies, and three dogs left at about 7:15 am NM time in the RV. We stopped in Lubbock for lunch, met up with some friend, and headed back out on the road. We made it to Ivie by about 5:30 pm TX time. All in all it wasn't too bad of a drive because the RV is pretty comfortable, even though it was cramped with all those bodies in there. Jordan did great and we even got him to take a nap after lunch. Shelby did fine although it was hard not being able to walk her around when she got fussy. She did well, though.




Thursday was a day for food, family, and fun. We were able to sleep in a little (we slept in my grandparents' fifth wheel) and then the cooking began. Since my Gran still doesn't have her energy level back up completely she did a lot of the cooking before hand, like the noodles and the desserts. She had a lot of help, too, because my mom, aunt, great-grandmother (Memaw), and sister were all helping. Jordan played outside most of the day, when he wasn't eating, and the boys rode around on their motorcycles a lot. It was a great day and we had tons of food. After eating we played games and just hung out watching football.








Friday and Saturday we played golf. One day Jason, David, Sam and I played together. The next day Jason and I played with my Gran and Grandad. We had a lot of fun, and even though I didn't do great I still did better than usual. It was a great couple of days. We headed back home on Sunday and made it back in time for dinner and getting laundry done, despite driving through snow and having to stop every hour to go to the bathroom, haha. It was such a wonderful vacation and I was sad to see it end.




No comments:

Post a Comment