Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I now have a one-year-old

My baby turned ONE last week! I can't believe how time is flying. I got online the other day to update the blog but I got distracted by reading all of the posts I wrote when he was first born. I probably sat reading for a good hour and I simply can not fathom how things have changed since then. He has such a personality and can light up a room. He is bossy, funny, and affectionate. He loves to cuddle with me when he is tired. He loves playing with Jason and Grandpa Ken. He likes bossing around Grammie, Nana, and Grandpa. He loves eating. Anything and everything. He will basically eat anything that is put in front of him. He has started drinking regular milk instead of formula and he LOVES milk. He enjoys drinking out of a cup and would rather have food smeared all over him than let us feed him. He chases the cat all over the house and enjoys Abby licking him on the hands and feet. He always makes a bee-line for Abby's water dish when he is on the floor, and he is becoming an expert at throwing a ball. His first lake trip is coming up and we are really interested to see how he is going to do. He loves hanging out with his cousins, especially Shelby. It will be really interesting to see how he does with this new baby cousin he is going to have in October. Watching him change and grow more and more every day is so exciting for me. Many people say that they miss the times when they are tiny babies, but I have to say that I REALLY enjoy watching his growth and development change as often as it has. I know I will miss cuddling with him when he is done with that, but for right now I will enjoy it and just keep trying to teach him as much as possible now instead of trying to catch up later. I love my little boy and I can't wait to see what this year will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment