Sunday, April 22, 2012

Shining light

I'll be the first to admit it... I can sometimes be a downer. When things are not going well for me, I tend to take it personally and let it ruin my day/week/month. I try so hard to be happy on the outside because I don't like drawing attention to myself, but on the inside I'm being eaten up by things that are normally completely insignificant in the grand scheme of things. For example, I've had a couple of things come up at work that I know, in the bigger picture, aren't big deals, butI let them eat at me and I'm miserable on the inside. I have a very hard time letting things go and I tend to let them tear me up on the inside. I have to move on or I know my teaching is going to start suffering, and I pray God just takes my anxiety about these things. I want to be a positive influence on the people I am around daily, and I don't like to be fake about it. I want to shine God's light and not cloud it with my own human emotions. Just trying to make sure I am not doing damage to my witness through my trials. I read a blog just a few minutes ago written by a dear friend whom I haven't seen in many months. Her blog tonight was about thankfullness. She wrote that we are supposed to be thankful IN every situation, not necessarily FOR every situation. She has no idea how badly I needed to hear (read) that. I'm counting my blessings today and being thankful for many things. Jason made it home safely from his fishing trip that he was on this weekend. I got to spend two full days with my baby just playing and bonding. I was able to bring in a new jeweler to Premier whom I know will do great! And, she will be able to stay home with her babies while still bringing in a good income. My family is healthy. We have a beautiful home in which to build memories and grow. I have amazing friends. I could go on and on... I will continue to pray for God to show me how to be thankful in every situation. I will continue to pray that He will use me to shine His light always.

No comments:

Post a Comment