Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break

Spring Break is coming to an abrupt end. Tomorrow is back to the real world! I'm not looking forward to being back at work, although it will be nice to see my kiddos. My biggest issue is that my dossier (huge long paper) is due on March 31 for me to get my Level II license. I have about two years left before I have to get that license, but I want the option of staying home with Levi and our next baby, whenever that happens. I have about half of it done, but still a TON more work to do before it is finished. I'm just not sure I have the time and/or energy to do it in the next few days... Ugh. But, on the flip side, I think I found someone that I work with who is willing to job-share with me next year! It is so exciting! I just hope my principal goes for it. I think she could go either way, but most of it is going to depend on the other teacher getting her ESL endorsement. We shall see. I will talk to my principal tomorrow, or in the next few days at least, to see if she will be OK with it. I think there are about 50 days of school left before summer break, though! That is super exciting!

There is not a lot new with Levi, other than he is crawling like crazy and has started signing. He signs "milk," "more," "up,' and "byebye." It is so fun watching how much he is learning every day! And he is getting faster and faster with his crawling. It is awesome! Although, he really needs to be watched like a hawk now because he picks up every tiny speck on the ground that we don't even know is there until he is putting it in his mouth! Oi.

This coming weekend we are going to have Levi dedicated at church. It is going to be a really nice event because not only are we going to commit, in front of our friends and family and the congregation of our church, to raise Levi in a Christian home where we will do our best to teach him to love and fear the Lord, but we are also going to get to talk to some of our family that won't understand why we are doing that rather than baptizing him. We don't believe in baptizing babies because baptism, in the Bible, is something you do after you accept Christ into your heart. It is a public act based on a personal decision. It is not something you have to do to be saved. It is not something that you have to do to save babies. It is a personal choice you make to show everyone around you that you have chosen to follow Christ and will do your best to live for Him from then on. We pray Levi will accept Christ early in his life and choose to be baptized, but that is only something God knows. All we can do is teach him Biblical ways and pray he makes that choice for himself one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment