Saturday, August 6, 2011

Memaw

My great-grandmother, Beulah "Memaw," passed away yesterday afternoon. She had been battling some kidney issues for a couple of weeks, and I'm not sure if that is what the major issue was, but she was in a nursing home because her daughter could no longer care for her at her home. At 94 years old she was still living "alone" at her home, and relatively healthy, although she had a lot of back pain from a surgery she had several years ago.

Enough about her physical health... She was so sweet and loved all of her children, grand children, great grandchildren, and great great grandchildren so tenderly. I believe she had 8 great great grandchildren, Levi being the youngest. She was a phenomenal baker and made the best pies in Texas. She also made biscuits and chocolate sauce that were amazing! And the very best part about her was her heart for Jesus. She always, as long as I have known her, has exemplified the Christ-centered life and I'm so happy that she is now dancing in Heaven with her husband, both praising Jesus with everything in them. It is such an amazing thought to know that I will see both of them again some day!

I am so blessed to have known my great grandmother. I'm sad that Levi won't get to know her but he will certainly hear stories about her. I love you, Memaw, and I'm glad you are no longer in pain. See you soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment