Monday, July 25, 2011

Lack of sleep

My little boy has decided he does not want to sleep anymore. Last night, for example, he woke up 6 times between 12:30 and 5:45. You do the math. We are completely exhausted and have no idea what to do to help him stay asleep. He is not hungry and rarely needs anything except to be cuddled and put back down. It is so FRUSTRATING!! This has been going on for the past 3 weeks and I'm at my wit's end. He sleeps great on his tummy during the day and I can get some good naps out of him. But nighttime is a different story. I spent more time praying last night for better sleep than I did actually sleeping. I don't know what else to do. I know some babies sleep well and others don't and there is nothing we can really do about it, but we keep trying new things and NOTHING is working. We've tried swaddling, inclining his bed a little, white noise, different pajamas, fewer blankets, more blankets, bath before bed, no bath before bed, many naps during the day, keeping him awake during the day, etc. ARGH!! I'm so exhausted I can barely think straight, and all that is running through my mind is how I am going back to work in two weeks. It makes me want to cry when I think about it. Please pray for us that we can make it through this and keep our sanity, and that whatever is waking Levi up will sort out and go away so he sleeps better at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment