Monday, July 12, 2010

Vacations and interviews

We got back from Lake Powell about a week ago and it was such an amazing vacation! There were 18 of us on a houseboat, not including Jordan. This houseboat was pretty fantastic and fancy, but it was still a lot of people in a relatively small space. Thankfully the spot we found to park at for the week had room for several tents on shore, so 6 people slept in tents. There were plenty of beds and enough room on the top of the boat for people to sleep. The guests included Jason and I, both our parents, my brothers, his sister, my aunt, uncle, 4 cousins + 1 exchange student, and my grandparents. Add Jordan and all we are missing is the partridge in the pear tree. It was super fun spending so much time with so many of my loved ones. We had plenty of food and drinks, a lovely fridge and freezer that allowed us to keep all our homemade meals fresh until we ate them. The water was a wonderful temperature and we could pretty much swim at any time, which was lovely. And I didn't even get sunburned! Between swimming, boating, and playing on the tubes/skis/boards/etc, I figure it was a pretty big deal that there was no sunburn. Unfortunately, pretty much everyone got sunburned, David so bad that his face blistered starting on day 4. Not good. And on top of that he lost his glasses going off the slide. He is as blind as a bat without them, so that made the game playing and lure tying pretty interesting. And, in the middle of all the chaos, I had a phone interview while on the water. Jason had to take me to the middle of the lake to get cell phone service that was strong enough for my interview. It was interesting and I feel like it went pretty well.

Turns out, it must have gone pretty well because the asked me to come in for a second interview. I had that interview today and I don't think it went quite as well. They asked me exactly the same questions as my first interview, although this time all of the questions were in Spanish, which means I had to answer them in Spanish. It was pretty difficult and I don't think this interview went quite as well. I thought it was going to be different, but nope. And I did all my prep work compiling my portfolio and everything for nothing, because they didn't even want to see it. I would really enjoy working at this school, and it sounds like a great place to work and a wonderful fit for me, but I don't know if they are going to be of the same opinion. I guess I am just going to have to wait and see!

Here are a few pictures from my vacation. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back.














No comments:

Post a Comment