Monday, July 19, 2010

life as of late

In all reality, nothing much is going on in my life. I am still enjoying my summer as much as possible. I workout (ZUMBA!!!) every morning, which is really enjoyable because it gets me up and moving for the day. Then, every day but Wednesday I tutor. I am thoroughly enjoying tutoring and it makes me so happy to see progress being made even in a short amount of time. I think I can really make a difference for one of my tutorees, and that is really exciting. Then, inbetween tutoring and everything else that happens during the day I am spending a lot of time with my sister and her babies. It is so nice to get to see them so much and I know I am really going to miss that once school starts again in August.

Speaking of school starting, I am still without a job. It is so frustrating because there are a ton of jobs I am qualified for but because my Spanish is not perfect I keep being passed by for other people who speak better Spanish. I am very confident in my teaching capabilities, however my Spanish is not that of a "native speaker" and that puts me at a huge disadvantage. Unfortunately, the only way I am going to get better at it is if I practice by teaching! Nobody is willing to give me that opportunity at the moment, though, and I don't know what I am going to do to convince someone to hire me. I know my Spanish is good enough for most situation, but I do not interview well aparently because nobody else has seen it yet. It is just a bummer. In fact, I applied for 8 jobs today alone. Half are middle school math jobs, but it doesn't look like I have the right endorsements for those jobs. I think I need to get my math endorsement, but I don't know. We will have to see.

And, I am going to Colorado with my sister on Wednesday to pick up her son who is with our parents right now. This just adds a little more stress because I have to rearrange some stuff that is on my schedule. I hope I don't get called to do any interviews on those days or I am not going to be able to go. I hate playing this waiting game, but for whatever reason God wants me to wait for something to come up, and as hard as I try I can not get Him to tell me what is going on. I know He will take care of me, and of us as a family, but I am so ready to have a job so I know what is going on in August! But alas, I am just going to have to keep waiting.

Ok, I am sitting in a super messy office and an even messier desk, so I suppose I should get going. If you would say a prayer for me that I would be patient in listening for God's voice in all this, I would really appreciate it. I know it isn't the end of the world if I don't get a job in the fall because I know I will be able to sub, but that is definitely not my preference. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment