Monday, May 24, 2010

Day 1 of summer

Ok, so this is really a post about the whole weekend, but today is officially the start of my summer break! And as exciting as it is, I got to have 4 cavities filled this morning... yippee! My whole lower face is numb and my jaw is killing me. Welcome to summer.

On Friday I had to say goodbye to the school I had worked at since January. It was pretty sad because I am going to miss everyone so much. I know God has a plan for me, and at the moment that plan does not include that school, but I am just going to miss everyone, especially the students. Apparently they are getting another teacher from another school to take my place, and that is only because of the budget crisis. I know the school would like to keep me if they could, but the budget is not going to allow that, unless something drastic happens in the district. Anyway, I know I will be missed and they know I will miss them. We will just have to see what happens.

Saturday all I did was clean the house. It was disgusting because we hadn't been home the last two weekends and it was in desperate need of a scrub-down. So I got that taken care of while Jason hooked up the A/C. We went to lunch with Jason's parents and went to an Isotopes baseball game with some friends that evening. It was fun, but we sat so far away that I couldn't see much of the game. It was a really high-scoring game, though, so that made it a little more fun, as far as baseball goes.

Sunday we went to church then ran some erands in town. We went and looked at cars! We are interested in getting an SUV and trading in our truck. We went to the Toyota dealership and looked at 4Runners and Highlanders. I thought I wanted a 4Runner, no question, but then I sat in a Highlander and I really liked it. We are still in the pre-planning stages of this adventure, but hopefully we can make a decision relatively soon so we know how to budget for this purchase. We are trying to decide if we need one that can pull the boat or if we will just get it after we are all done going to the lake for the year and then get a truck by the time we start going to the lake again next year. Who knows what we are going to do, but it is fun to think about getting a new car! After that we went and looked at plants at a nursery in town. We are working on landscaping right now and we wanted to see some of the plant options that are at the local nurseries. Finally we made dinner for our families- fajitas. It was nice having everyone over.

I am not looking forward to this week because Jason is going to be out of town from Tuesday through Friday. This will be his first business trip and it is going to be really good experience for him, but I don't enjoy being apart from him at all, much less for three nights. I told my family that I might be joining them for the evenings and just hanging out at my house when I have to, lol. I doubt that will be the case, but we will have to see how it goes.

Well, my face is still numb and I am hungry, so I will see if I can eat something without making too much of a mess. Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment