Sunday, May 16, 2010

Closin' in on the end

Ok, I admit it, I'm a terrible blogger. I haven't been on in several weeks, my apologies. Really there is not a whole lot new in my life, at least that I can think of. School is out in 5 days. I can't believe I am already done with my first grownup job. Yep, I am officially not going to be at that school next year. I had thought that was going to be the case for a while now, but as of Friday it was pretty official. Unless something miraculous happens between now and August. I'm so thankful I have my bilingual certification, though, because without it I wouldn't have been able to get this job in the first place, and it is definitely an experience I am glad I had. I have learned so many things at this job that I will take with me wherever I go next year. I am going to miss the school terribly, they were like a family for me while I was there. They accepted me right away and I made some great friends that I hope I will continue to see regularly. This summer is going to be rough, though, because of the anticipation of having to wait for a phone call about a job in the district. I just have to have faith that God has me taken care of. I was skeptical about this job at first but it turned out to be a huge blessing, so it is easier to trust him now. I know that isn't the right attitude and I should trust him no matter what, but he helped my faith by doing this for me.

Jason and I went to the lake this weekend. We have gone a couple of times now and it is so nice to just get out on the water and relax. We had a big group of people this time as my whole family and Jason's parents went. It was fun, though, and other than our dog driving up bonkers with her whining (she always wants to be on whichever boat she is not on, or swimming...) it was super relaxing. I was even able to work on my tan a little because it was beautiful weather. We slept great, at least the second night, and now we know some of the kinks we need to work out of the boat before we go to Lake Powell in a month and a half. I'm REALLY looking forward to that trip.

I'm feeling kinda lonely here these days. It is hard not having friends here like I had in Lubbock that I could just call up whenever and go hang out. And the friends I have here live so far away it makes it even harder. It is really nice being so close to our families, but I feel like they are pretty much our only social network, except for the occasional dinner out with friends (once a month or so). What I really miss is going over to my best friend's house, playing video games or watching a movie, and just laughing the evening away. Oh what I wouldn't give to live closer to her. It would be extra nice to have some couple friends here, too, of which we have NONE. I don't even know how to go about making couple friends.... any ideas?? Our church is so huge that it is hard to get plugged into anything. The only class they have for young couples is a newlywed class, which we don't really fit into anymore (depending on your definition of newlywed). Plus it is on Friday night, and we do stuff on Friday nights a lot of times. It's just hard making a whole new set of friends. I'm thankful for the friends we have here, don't get me wrong, but I just miss the closeness that we had in Lubbock.

Our house is coming along, slowly but surely. We are working on landscaping right now, which is really exciting. The sprinkler lines are trenched and we have a plan for the back and the front yards. Our garden is coming along and I'm really looking forward to having fresh veggies! We have garlic, onions (hopefully), carrots, tomatoes (yellow and red), corn, green beans, zucchini, bell pepper, and green chile. So far they are all good, and we only killed the tomatoes once (a late freeze) but we replanted them. All the seeds we planted are sprouting (it's like watching children grow, lol, I get so excited when I see a little sprout sticking up through the dirt!) and the plants are thriving. It is going to be awesome when the veggies start growing.

Ok, I guess that is enough for one post. This weekend really got me thinking about how much I want children... but that can wait for another time. I will hopefully have more time to blog when school gets out, but no promises... We know how I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment