Sunday, November 1, 2009

Carnivals, Halloween, and closets

This week was much less busy, but it still felt crazy. The beginning of the week was relatively easy. I went to a math workshop on Tuesday, but it didn't really apply to me since I have never taught math in this curriculum before. I was pretty bored, but I guess it was good for me to go to in case I end up teaching 3rd grade in the future. The weird part was that it was at a building named after someone I knew. She passed away a while back, but she was the mother of a childhood friend of mine. It was kinda strange. A nice tribute to her though.

Tuesday evening we carved pumpkins with my brothers. They have never carved pumpkins before and didn't even know what they were doing until they came to our house. They were so cute, they carved every single side of their pumpkin, lol. David wanted to carve the scariest thing possible, so he picked a scary Jack-o-lantern face. Sam carved Frankenstein. They also did bats, ghosts, initials, a lion, etc. It was really fun to see how much they enjoyed it. Jordan also came over and he colored a pumpkin. He helped me clean out mine a little, but just ended up hurting himself whenever he had a sharp tool, so we just avoided that as much as possible.







Thursday was our fall carnival at school. I convinced Jason to go to see all the teachers that are still at the school who he had growing up. I am student teaching with one of them, and there are 3 others at the school still. He had a blast and I thought it was awesome seeing how excited the teachers got when they saw him. It made me think about my elementary teachers and I wish I could go visit them. We will see if I can work out a time to go over there, but right now I will have to settle for hearing stories about little Jason. He has such a good time, it was really cool.

Friday evening we had our date night after cleaning up the house. We never go to dinner on Fridays because the restaurants are always really busy, but we did this week. We went to Teofilo's, which was delicious. It is a restaurant we never think about going to, but I'm glad we did. I had a delicious chile relleno... mmm...

Saturday we got to sleep in. After getting up I spent the morning cleaning our house. I feel like that is all I get to do on the weekends, lol. I actually got to go to lunch with my sister, her boyfriend, and her babies. It was nice to spend time with them. Jordan dressed up as a boxer and was absolutely adorable. Then I got home and we finished cleaning the house and got the place ready for our dinner party. We just had Jason's parents, my mom, my sister (and her posse), and a friend of ours. My dad and brothers were hunting deer. It was a great evening full of fantastic food and wonderful people. Too bad our house isn't better organized or it would have been perfect and we wouldn't have had to close all our doors so people couldn't see in the messy rooms, haha. We are getting closer though! We had a few trick-or-treaters, and I'm glad we didn't have a ton. It was a pretty relaxed evening.

Today we went to church, went to lunch, got an estimate for our kitchen remodel (OUCH!!) and then spent the afternoon working on finishing our closet and working on homework. Jason's parents came over to help with the closet (which they have practically done all the work for) and I was working on homework. I don't know what we would do without them working on our house like they do. If only they could do all the work for the kitchen we would be set! haha. Yeah, we won't even go there... yet.

Overall this was a good week. I feel like there are a lot of things to write about, but then I never write quite as much as I expect. I hope you had a great Halloween and sorry that the blogs don't come more regularly. Once a week just seems to be the norm.




Jason's pumpkin and my pumpkin


Sam's pumpkin and David's pumpkin

No comments:

Post a Comment