Monday, July 13, 2009

Lake this weekend

The lake was so much fun this weekend! We got there around lunch time on Friday, after stopping for donuts for breakfast (a treat in itself) and dropping Jason's sister off at work. There were only one or two things wrong with the boat/trailer on the way up to Navajo, but neither of them were a big deal. Once we got there we ate lunch with my family then we all went out on the water. We were only on the water for about 2 or 3 hours and didn't do any playing, we just parked the boats and hung out to swim or whatever. Before we went on the water we set up all the tents in the most mosquito-laden campsite I have ever been in. There were so many mosquitos that I was miserable. On the water it wasn't a problem at all, though. Anyway, when we got back to the camp we just hung out until dinner, which was brats and potato salad. After dinner some people rode the kayaks down the river while the rest of us just relaxed. At about 9pm the rest of Jason's family made it here and then we all went to bed.

The next morning we woke up early, after all sleeping pretty well, and got ready to go out on the water. The bugs were just as bad in the morning as they were the rest of the day, which is unfortunate, but at least we had bug spray. A friend of ours made it to the lake that morning and we all went out on the water after he was ready. We made it on the water at about 10:20, in the middle of a whole crowd of people, and then drove and drove and drove to try to find a place to park the boats. We drove around for about an hour before finding a place. But then we parked, had lunch, and hung out for a while. We swam a bunch and sat in the sun, and even Jordan swam some, which was a surprise. The water felt awesome though. After a while we went out to the main chanel and started playing. My sister-in-law did the wakeboard, my brother skied (for the first time), and three of us tubed. We made it back to camp by about 4:30 and were able to relax for a while before dinner. The bugs were aweful so I went and hung out in my parents' RV, but everyone else was outside. (What people don't understand is that mosquitos love me more than any other human being on the planet. I don't really have any more flesh available for them to bite, and I even got bites when I was wearing bug spray. It was horrible for me.) Dinner was taco salad. We read for a while after that then went to bed.

The following morning we woke up early, again, and were greeted by 6 more of my family memebers from Arizona. Jason and I broke down all our camp stuff and loaded it up before we went out on the water so we wouldn't have so much left to do when we got done on the water. We made it out on the lake by about 9:20 and went to the same spot we were at the day before, so there was much less driving involved because we knew where we were going. My cousins were in the water almost immediately once the boats were parked. There were a lot of people interested in the jet ski, so that got used quite a bit. And it was a good thing our parents had their boat and Jason and I had our boat, because there were 18 people plus 3 dogs. After hanging out until lunch time we went to play some. My cousin and brother tried wakeboarding, after my sister-in-law showed them how. My cousin wasn't able to get up but my brother did, so that was exciting. All four cousins and I kneeboarded. While we were pulling kneeboarders, the parents' boat was pulling the tube, and I think just about everyone on that boat went in the tube. We made it back to camp to pack everything up at around 3, left at about 3:30, and were headed home. I rode with my sister and Jordan, because she wouldn't be able to drive and take care of him during the 4 hour trip. It wasn't too bad, other than Jordan being more exhausted than I have ever seen him. He didn't take a nap at all that day and didn't sleep a wink during the drive home, it was crazy.

Well, that was the trip. It was super fun and I really enjoyed myself. I will try to upload some pictures later, when I have more time. Time to go workout and get my life organized for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment