Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Prayer Warriors

This weekend my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary by renewing their vows in front of their closest friends and family. It was a tremendous success and it was so great to see all of these people that I have grown up knowing. Part of me felt a little bad, though, because I felt like I was taking the spotlight off of them because of everything going on with Alexis. I told the same story countless times to everyone I said "hi" to at the party and all I really wanted to do was celebrate my parents. However, looking back a few days, I realize what a blessing it is to have all of these people we know and love praying for Alexis and sharing her story. They are also learning some things so hopefully more people will know about HLHS and we can all be aware of it. There were even a few doctors at the party and it was interesting hearing the questions they asked compared to everyone else. The police chief and the chief of the fire department also happen to be very close friends of our family, and they said that they will be keeping an eye on our house for however long we are gone. They will make it their personal job to make sure nothing happens to our belongings while we are gone. Another blessing! ***** I could not have been born into a better family or married into a better family. My own mother has offered to come to Denver with me and stay as long as I need her to, especially before the induction (and before Jason joins Levi and I up there). What a blessing she is! My in-laws have done countless things for us, including watching Levi during all of my appointments, making us dinners, and helped relieve a few financial burdens. We had a "Celebrate Baby Party" for Alexis this weekend (where, I might add, I asked that people NOT bring presents... I just wanted to celebrate with them!) and we were given a ridiculous amount of money in gift card form. We are set for meals in Denver, I think! I really believe people want to help in whatever way they can, and so far we have been the recipients of some amazing amounts of generosity. My mother-in-law also made Alexis a BEAUTIFUL Very Hungry Caterpillar quilt that every family member signed for her. It is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to get her room painted so I can hang it up on the wall. ***** People keep asking what they can do for us and for now my only answer is PRAY! The more prayer we have, the better, and we are firm believers that God answers prayer. We pray that Alexis is healed, either by miracle or through the doctors and surgeons. God is the Great Physician and He holds all of the healing power in His hands. She is going to have an amazing story to share, and we pray daily that her story brings people closer to Him who made her.

No comments:

Post a Comment